100 countries, 1500 days,
1 hot air balloon
One man's epic mission
to shine light on children's rights around the World
through cultural exchange
Daring children to fly high
and follow their dreams.
Do you dare to dream?
- The balloon and project will be used to:
- shine light on and encourage discussion of children's rights all around the world
- engage children in cultural exchange and understanding by way of international postcard swap
- bring joy to those visited, especially those who have never seen a balloon before
- dare children to follow their dreams... No matter where they come from
Andrew is a commercial hot air balloon pilot from Hamilton, New Zealand. He has had an interest in balloons ever since he was six years old. He joined his local Hot Air Balloon Club when he was thirteen years old and started flying when he was sixteen. He achieved his Commercial Balloon Pilot’s Licence at the age of nineteen while living in Australia. He then went to Europe to fly, before buying a balloon business of his own just after his twentieth birthday. For the following six years, he spent time between New Zealand and Europe. Andrew then sold the business to pursue bigger challenges and spent the last few years flying and investigating balloon businesses in Russia, Brazil, France and Turkey. Andrew has visited 38 countries so far and has lived in Europe, Australia, Brazil, Russia and Turkey for varying lengths of time. He has travelled extensively through North and South America, Asia and Australasia.